Sunday 7 August 2011

Dive the wreck of the Glanmire. St. Abbs

Fridays off work always give me a good feeling. The fact that a fresh offshore wind was blowing and our planned dive on the dove was cancelled didn't upset me at all as the wreck of the Glanmire just off of St. Abbs head was the back up dive. Wind aside the conditions were surprisingly good with vis of around 8 metres, which was twice as good as i had expected. After a great dive we were picked up by skipper Iain of Marine Quest and we relaxed on the Dive Boat Jacob George until it was time to dive again on the wreck of the President. Vis was slightly down but still good. With conditions being good i talked myself into another dive, this time from the shore out to Cathedral Rock and Dunc and myself had some fun photographing the Ballan Wrasse before i got disorientated and ended up near great green Carr.
It was for me a great days diving and here are some of the images of the day.
Mike










No comments: